Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Macs Make us Better People.

A lot of people point the finger Technology blaming it for making us introverted. They say it creates pasty, white, antisocial individuals who barely have the social aptitiude to order a burger at their favourite restaurant.

When I was a PC user, I would see guys and gals with their Dell's and IBM Stink Pads sitting in Coffee Shops surfing and playing games etc and I never really gave it much thought. More or less I didn't really care. I work as an IT guy and have to fix the frigging things all the time. Why would I want to talk to a PC user and listen to them gripe about this or that.

I switched to Mac over a year ago now. In fact I am still working on the same MacBook that I got then. Sure it's a little dirty and the battery isn't as robust as it once was. Sure there are cracks in the case (I have a case open with Apple about that). Even with all these "issues" I have not had one major malfunction on this machine. I could probably count on one had the number of times it has crashed but honestly I can't remember the last time it did.

Using a Mac is a joy for me. Having one has proven to me that a Computer can be as reliable as the box that makes your toast ever day. I have a friend that argues with me about Mac vs. PC and I always forget to say that I actually use both on a daily basis and can tell you first hand that there in no machine / OS combo that beats it. I am sure Linux users would say the same thing. Though I can't say it to his face, he is wrong and is merely a Mac hater. Grrrr..

Well today at the Coffee Shop that I frequent everyday I saw a teenage girl with an iPhone. I sat down popped open my MacBook and whipped out my junk (my iPhone!! Get your mind out of the gutter) We had a very pleasant conversation about our phones, where we got them and how great they are. If I saw someone sitting there with the same Samsung piece of crap phone that I have, there is now way I would have stopped to talk. Dude, is yours as hard to text on as mine?!?! Ya I hate it that I can barely ready the tiny screen!! HIGH FIVE!!

Call me a fan boy, call me a PC hater. Whatever. I think that there is no other group of technology users that ban together more tightly than Mac users. I don't care if you are a blogger or a high end video editor. They would both respect each others wise choice of weapon. Not sure I would take a bullet for that guy, but I may pull him out of the way!

No comments: